Saturday 5 November 2016

Mr. President ~ Katy Evans

First off, let me say I really wish that I was creating a video blog on this novel, that way I could open by treating you all to my delightful, breathy impression of Marilyn Monroe singing "Happy Birthday Mr President"....  but this is a written blog so you can just picture it instead. (It's spot on, I promise you)

I spent some time in Washington D.C this past summer, my first visit and I completely fell in love with it! So much so that not only do I want to go back, I am quite convinced I must have lived there in a past life. (Sorry Ottawa, you are a beautiful capital but there is something about D.C.....) We stayed at the The Melrose Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue (I HIGHLY recommend it!!) and spent a few days walking around Capital Hill, touring the Monuments, Museums and Memorials. It was such a great trip.
I have found since my visit I have been quite obsessed with watching shows and reading novels which take place in that area (Scandal, Designated Survivor....) so yeah.... when I saw Mr. President and that it was written by Katy Evans.... well.... into the Kobo shopping cart it went!

I know most people are probably so sick and tired of politics and elections after having front row seats to the (how do I put this nicely?) 'very interesting' if not 'scandalous' (and looooooooong) Election across the border.....(We're rooting for you America!)
The good news is, the election is finally coming to an end (Thank the merciful heavens!) and even better news.... This is a book blog so we need not discuss it here and focus on fictional events instead!

Now that is out of the way, I shall bring your attention to a new novel with a Presidential Candidate who sounds like an utter (and scrumptious) delight.

All of you who are looking for your next hot read **cue drum roll** look no further for your next series... may I introduce you to Mr. President by Katy Evans. (White House Series Book 1)

 Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Here is the synopsis from the novel:


He's won the hearts of millions. But is he willing to lose his?

I met the president’s son when we were both young. Matthew Hamilton was handsome, polished, and intelligent. I’d never met a guy like him.

He promised me that he’d never run for president. I promised that if he did, I’d be by his side.

Two terms later, an invitation to join Matthew Hamilton’s campaign is the most exhilarating opportunity I’ve ever experienced. I'm determined to make a difference; he is determined to win.

Focused on his goal, Matt is steadfast, ruthless, and disarming. All eyes are on him and his popularity is surging. But soon, the next possible president of the United States is possessing me in more ways than one—and despite the risks, I'm helpless to resist.

We're stealing touches, stealing moments, and stealing away at night. But our chemical connection is quickly becoming dangerously combustive, putting not only my heart, but Matt's chance at the presidency on the line.

Winning will take everything.
Walking away will be the hardest thing of all.

My Take:

Recently released (October 31, 2016) The story is told in alternating perspectives. That of Charlotte Wells, daughter of a Democratic Senator and Matthew Hamilton, son of a former President and now running himself as an Independent. The two have a small history and she ends up on his campaign. I always enjoy those backstories where they knew each other when......(sigh)
This novel was very focused on the love affair and how Matt and Charlotte felt dealing with the obstacles and reality of their situation.
There wasn't as much drama in this first novel as I typically enjoy. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of tension and stress with our two leads, I was just waiting for some bonus fireworks compliments of the supporting characters. Given how the story really focused on how the main characters felt, I don't think it was too necessary for this first book to focus on anything but their clandestine relationship on the path to the White House. I really don't want to give out any spoilers, but I will say certain seeds have been planted within their campaign circle, so who knows what the rest of the series has in store for us in terms of dramatic story lines! We'll just have to wait and find out! (And you will just have to read the book and see what the heck I am talking about) 
I have a feeling the next novel will bring more complications....(Can't wait!)
The way the author writes the characters and the tender build up to their relationship, kind of makes me wish I was young and dating again (I said 'kind of'' in a wistful wouldn't it be nice not to have stretchmarks- no mortgage- no kids interrupting bathroom time -kind of way.....) so the fact that it made me a bit wistful means it was well done. I really enjoyed the flirty will-it/won't it/what is happening? feeling in the pages. It really had a way of sweeping you into their love story. (Gooooooosebumps!)
Like I said toward the beginning of this post, I most certainly do recommend this novel to my ladies who are looking for their next sexy series. I read through this first novel very quickly. While the topic clearly involves politics, it's not at all political. It's a sweet and seductive fictional romance. (And may I say a welcome reprieve from.... you know......any real world political crapfest..) Since I know I do have some readers that are not into sexy books, this one has a lot of passionate scenes, so this novel isn't for you if you aren't comfortable with them.

I am looking forward to the release of 'Commander in Chief' (Book 2) early next year!

So there you have it.

Need a sexy read?

Vote Matt Hamilton as your next book boyfriend!

For more information on Katy Evans and her novels please visit her author website (link here) or give her a follow on Twitter @authorKatyEvans or Facebook !
(And while you're at it... look to the sidebar for my info-follow me as well and say HI!)


Happy Reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment