Tuesday 29 April 2014

Searching For Perfect ~ Jennifer Probst


WARNING: This book suggestion may cause you to purchase pocket protectors and lab coats for that special man in your life.




I chose a good day to be sick.
(Not that I really had a choice in this matter)
So whoever shared this virus with me,
I thank you.
Very little sleep, a stuffy nose, fever and wicked sore throat aren't getting me down.
Nope, not at all.

After all, it's absolutely pouring rain outside...so really is there anything better to do today than be forced to curl up on a couch to rest and read?

No, no there is not.

If you read my last blog (and you really should) than you know I have stumbled upon another great series and author...... and today was the release day of the second novel in that series:
Searching For Perfect by Best Selling Author Jennifer Probst.

I will cut straight to the chase on why all you sexy lil minxes should find a copy of Searching For Perfect:

Hot NERD sex.
WOW.
I mean, WOW.
*blink* *blink*

(Okay, the story was pretty good too)

Heck, Book One was pretty sexy....but in my opinion it was a tad milder compared to the fireworks in Searching For Perfect.
I was surprised that a few of the chapters I read today didn't cause my Kobo to spontaneously combust!

Me Likey!!

I think I have a bit of a book crush on Nate so I am going to tell you about his character first!
Nathan Ellison Raymond Dunkle (Hahaha, "Dunkle").....is such a nerd, even his name says so.
He's socially awkward, unkempt and married to his job where he literally IS a rocket scientist (oh, wait..."Aerospace Engineer".....) and he needs help finding a wife....(among other things.....) and he ends up as Kennedy Ashe's pet project at Kinnections, a match making agency she co-owns with her two best friends.
It turns out our feisty nerdy lil Ned, turns into hawt and naughty Nate.....
and it's great....
while they get ready to set him up on dates....
Kennedy resists the urge to mate....
(Cheesy rhyme, I know, but I am not editing it out)

As I anticipated from the first novel, we really got to take a look at Kennedy's bigger issues....She's this seemingly perfect female, beautiful, intelligent, successful.....but she is an inner wreck. Who knew that meeting Nate would throw a wrench into the perfect little bubble she created? She certainly didn't.
While her character back story is different from mine, I found Kennedy's story and struggles with eating, inner demons and body image very easy to relate to. I think that is one of the reasons I really like this series, the author's focus on not just telling sexy stories, but she invents characters that relate to inner and spiritual growth, who are still struggling to overcome very real hidden obstacles many of us face....(with the added bonus of romance and hot sex..... ;) )
The way Nate asserts himself with the overconfident Kennedy and throws off her game......meee-frackin'-yeow! Sparks fly in this story, so much I'm almost tempted to take up golf and get my sexy engineer hubby to teach me.
(I said almost...)
 
Now that I have waited all this time to get a copy of Searching For Perfect and it's over, now I'm antsy about reading Arilyn's installment when it's ready....and Oh MY GOD what is going to happen with Genevieve's storyline????????!!!!!!!!
(Who is Genevieve you ask? Read the book)
I love the fact that this series crosses over with the Marriage Merger series so we continuously keep up with some of our favorite characters!

I am truly impatient. I don't want to wait for the next book to release....unless it releases tomorrow....that I could handle....


Here is the Searching For Perfect synopsis from Amazon.com:

"The up-and-coming matchmaking agency Kinnections is the hottest thing to hit Verily, New York—just like Kennedy Ashe, social director for the service she owns with her two best girlfriends. A coach, consultant, and cheerleader rolled into one super-sizzling package, Kennedy creates dream dates, encourages singles to shine, and never refuses a challenge—not even Nate Ellison Raymond Dunkle, rocket scientist, nerd extraordinaire, and Kennedy’s newest client.

Kennedy vows to work her magic and transform this hot mess in a lab coat with a disastrous relationship track record into the most wanted man on the Verily dating scene. If only she could turn the wand on herself…though she radiates confidence and sex appeal, Kennedy harbors deep-seated insecurities from a tormented past and lifelong struggle with weight issues. When she realizes she and Nate are cut from the same cloth and might be perfect together, can Kennedy learn to let her heart lead the way? Or will her fears sentence her to the sidelines as Nate finds love—with someone else?"


Remember to check out my blog on Searching For Someday (Book 1) and get your cute little arses a copy of each title!


Contemporary Romance Lovers make sure you check out the author's website for more information and even more title suggestions! http://www.jenniferprobst.com/books/
Follow Jennifer Probst on Facebook.....
and while you're at it....
Follow Me on Facebook as well.




Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment