Tuesday 3 September 2013

Tempting Fate ~ Amber Lin

I'm blushing.

No really. BLUSHING.

I'm pretty sure my Kobo has steam rising from it, and not because the battery is overheated. 

My sexy little minx readers dying for an adult novel, listen up!
(This is not a novel for prudish types!)

I'm a bit behind on getting this review to you! My apologies. I can sit here, grovel and ask for forgiveness about my lack of posts as of late, but NO! Let's get on with this review so you can run out and grab a copy for yourselves. (No, not you mom, I don't think you can handle this one......)



Book Description from Amazon.com:

Rose Murphy is ready to break free from her brother's control. She's ready to open her own ballet studio. And most of all, she's ready to live without fear. So when she sees her brother's lawyer, the man she's lusted after for years, she gives in to her body's desires.

A sexy show through her bedroom window whets both their appetites. On Drew's next visit, he returns the striptease favor. Mutual masturbation gives way to a naughty late night phone call. She's a breath away from everything she's hoped for, but not everyone wants them to be together. When the relationship comes to light, their sensual bliss may be shattered.


My Thoughts:

If you are into Erotic Romance and you haven't yet read anything by Amber Lin, than you are completely missing out. (I highly suggest you remedy your oversight and run out to purchase these novels!)

Let me tell ya...for a small novella Tempting Fate packs a very large punch!
This is my third review of Amber's novels and if you have read any of my previous blogs (and you should!) you will know how much I champion her work. This is a lady who belongs at the top of the best sellers lists! It's people like you and me who support Indie Authors who can make that happen.

As I read Tempting Fate, I almost forgot that it was a novella I was reading and not a lengthy story. I want to tell you I am heartbroken or irritated that this wasn't a full length novel, but I can't. It was perfect just the way it was. In keeping with her previous novels, the writing is fluid, descriptive and the story is sexy as sin.
(Again, a book made me blush!! ME!! Blush!!! Crazy!!)
 It's not just a book about a woman finally coming to terms with her feelings and her sexuality, it's a book with conflict and a touch of mystery. I can't believe how much was jammed into the pages of this novella, and it was seamless!! (Seamless I say!!)
The Lost Girls Series show us that romance isn't always fluff, rainbows and roses. These novels are dark, edgy and not at as predictable as you would think.
They are passionate and provocative!
Rose was introduced to us before in passing in the previous Lost Girls novels, so to finally read about her story was exciting. She's always remained a bit of a mystery and now we can finally get to know why.
 The sexual tension between her and her brothers lawyer Drew Laramie practically sets the pages on fire. I thought my Kobo would spontaneously combust.
A powerful kingpin in the underworld, Phillip is extremely overprotective of his sister, which means Drew and Rose have to keep their romance under wraps. Neither wants to know what Philip will do should he discover what's going on right under his nose....but is Phillip the only threat they face?

I would recommend reading the series in order..... but if you wanted to read Tempting Fate as a stand alone, if anything to sample the author's work, you could get away with it. I'm warning you though, once you read any of these novels, you will run out and grab the rest! I'm willing to bet on it.

I also have to give a shout out on the cover design. Each one of the Lost Girls novels have stunning covers and Tempting Fate is by far my favorite of the three. 
.Here are links to my previously blog reviews on the series:

Lost Girls One: Giving It Up
Lost Girls Two: Selling Out

You can find Tempting Fate on Amazon by following this link!

http://www.amazon.com/Tempting-Fate-Lost-Girls-ebook/dp/B00ED4WLZG

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment