Saturday 31 August 2013

Eternal Guardians Series by Elisabeth Naughton

Eirene/Irene: Greek Goddess of Peace, one of the Horae.

Irene = My Name.

Now, I've always said I was a Goddess..... (I'm so modest....humble.....) and when I was looking for a word that described 'me' to have tattooed on the back of my neck, I thought what is more personal and meaningful than the definition of my name?!
When I told my husband I was permanently inking the word 'Peace' on my body, his response was: "Wouldn't the word 'War' be better suited to your personality?"
(Yes, he is still alive)

A few months later I have the tattoo and am working on designing a dove to add to the script. (So apparently this tattoo thing is addictive and I want more.....)



Why am I babbling about tattoos and Goddesses?

Well if you like those topics, or a good paranormal romance....(and a sexy one at that!) than you must check out the Eternal Guardians Series by Elisabeth Naughton!


It's always an amazing thing when you stumble across a series you can't get enough of!
In preparation for our vacation earlier this summer, I downloaded a ton of books from Kobo. Fourteen freebies and a few purchases. One of the FREE e-books offered was Marked by Elisabeth Naughton.

I wasn't even two chapters in when I realized I had found a new literary addiction.
It's a good thing I started this novel on our last day in Germany, because as we drove to Frankfurt, I wasn't interested in the beautiful scenery. I wasn't terrified on the Autobahn (Good grief that's an experience!!).... I was too busy reading about Argonaut Hero's, Gods, Daemons, and how it was all mixed up in our pretty lil modern day world.

I liken these novels to that of Kelley Armstrong's 'Women of the Underworld'  or Karen Marie Moning's 'Highlander' series. (Two of my all time favorite authors ever!) Elisabeth Naughton has taken Greek Mythology and cleverly mixed it up into a modern day action packed, sexy, love story. It's imaginative, clever and provocative!!You have to love an author who can take the unbelievable and weave it into our world  making things seem possible!

Every 'Eternal Guardians' novel revolves around an Argonaut hero and their soul-mate curse. (Which puts a nice spin on your regular love story....imagine, falling in love with someone who is everything you do not want in a mate with the added bonus of literally dying of a broken heart) Don't think it's just some drippy love story either, because you would be wrong. Yes, there are some seriously sexy parts, but throughout the series we also find plenty of action and adventure. The Argonauts are battling Atalanta, Hades, Persephone and all sorts of creatures and deities....all to keep balance and order in the worlds. (These books would make for some awesome television or movies)
 
Who doesn't love the thought hunky immortal warriors saving the world? ....six pack.....muscles....tattoos....sex god...wait....what was I talking about?

;)

Since every book is connected and told from several different points of view, you really need to start with the first book and follow through to the very last. Do not jump around while reading this series or you will spoil the whole plot.
This review would become very long if I separately reviewed each book of the Eternal Guardians within this blog, but you can take my word for it each one is as enjoyable as the next. I honestly can't decide which novel stands out to me as a favorite. I loved them all.

 The reading list in order:

Marked
Entwined
Tempted
Enraptured
Enslaved
Bound

I purchased the remaining five books and had them all read in days. (Thank God for my busted ankle keeping me down!) Luckily it was also my birthday so I just used that as an excuse to go a little crazy with the book buying! Elisabeth Naughton's entire library will eventually end up in mine largely due to how this author writes the kind of books I can never get enough of! I can not wait to read more of her work....(Gonna hold out and get through a few other books and let the bank account recover from the spending spree....)
I will continue to poke around to see if there is a book seven in the Eternal Guardians series yet to be released. (Please PLEASE let there be more!!)

You can bet your tushy that you will hear more about Elisabeth Naughton and her books from me!!

Visit http://www.elisabethnaughton.com for more information

Do NOT miss this series!!

Happy Reading!


Here is the book description from Marked (Book One of The Eternal Guardians Series):

THERON—Dark haired, duty bound and deceptively deadly. He’s the leader of the Argonauts, an elite group of guardians that defends the immortal realm from threats of the Underworld.
From the moment he walked into the club, Casey knew this guy was different. Men like that just didn’t exist in real life—silky shoulder-length hair, chest impossibly broad, and a predatory manner that just screamed dark and dangerous. He was looking for something. Her.
She was the one. She had the mark. Casey had to die so his kind could live, and it was Theron’s duty to bring her in. But even as a 200-year-old descendent of Hercules, he wasn’t strong enough to resist the pull in her fathomless eyes, to tear himself away from the heat of her body.
As war with the Underworld nears, someone will have to make the ultimate sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment