Wednesday 3 October 2012

The Color Of Greed ~ Jack Thompson



What's your favorite color? Is it Blue? Pink? Orange? Chartreuse?

My favorite color (FYI in case I decide to quiz you one day or you decide buy me something) is Red. Love it!

Never mind the color chat though! After all THIS is a book blog and not Art Class 101, so let's move on!
I am happy to share with you the first novel of a new series by Jack Thompson!





Here is the official description from Amazon.com :


"When the young husband of a wealthy heiress is found dead on his yacht floating off the California coastline, his death is ruled an accident and the case is closed. The grieving widow, certain her husband was murdered but getting no help from the police, turns to Raja Williams, a wealthy Oxford-educated private investigator, who has dedicated his resources to help those in need of justice. When Raja arrives in Los Angeles and more bodies begin to pile up, he suspects a coverup that may go as high up as the governor. With the help of his partner Vinny, a highly skilled hacker, Raja must unravel the case before everyone involved, including the two of them, winds up dead.

A colorful cast of characters, great dialogue and a suspenseful twisting plot make The Color of Greed an entertaining read. The Color of Greed is the first book in the Raja Williams series."




My take:

Great Book!!! Now go read it!

Oh, that isn't enough? ;) You want to know why you should listen to me?

I thought this was a fun and highly enjoyable novel. It was one I could hardly put down!
It has lots of twists and turns, humor, suspense, even a little hint of romance.

 The novel starts off as what you think is a easy to solve 'who dunnit' mystery explodes into captivating whirlwind. One of the best qualities of this novel is the fact you do not know where the story will go or what will happen.
Can you figure out the bad guys? Yes, the author makes it somewhat apparent, but motives, suspicions etc... are not revealed until toward the end and there are a few others things thrown in to help throw you off. There are multiple problems, people and problems to overcome. I love that in a book. Bravo! *cue applause*

Raja Williams is one kind of hero I really enjoy! He's a private investigator with great qualities. Smart, intuitive, sneaky (in a good way!) handsome, and lets not forget incredibly rich. I like how he doesn't necessarily play by the rules if it means he can get the bad guy in the end. He had a very 007-ish vibe but with a bit of a psychic edge. I am interested to see if we learn more of his slightly elevated senses as the series progresses. I always like a book that has a touch of the 'unknown' in it.

Vinny is an awesome sidekick who has mad skills (yes,I just used that term) when it comes to computers. Ever loyal to Raja, Vinny is there to help solve mysteries and add two cents here and there. I hope in future novels we find out more about this character. A bit into the book we get a surprise on who Vinny is. I didn't see it coming. Love when that happens.

The two deal a lot of characters along the way. The rich widow, the helpful cop, smarmy pool boy, slick politicians..I would be here awhile if I named them all.
Raja is hired by the widow to find out what happened to her husband. He finds himself protecting her as she's frightened and suspicious of everyone (and for good reason) All is not what it seems in her world.

As amusing as this book is, it covers some thought provoking and darker topics regarding politics, organized crime, sexual abuse, and environmentalism.
I could not put this book down and I can't wait to read the next in the series. I'm torn between a star rating on this novel...so I wrote a poem:

*ahem*

I rarely give out 5 stars,
So I will call it a 4.
Than let's see what the next novel has in store!

Book two is called 'C'est La Vie' and the author hopes to have it completed by the end of October! Looking forward to it!!

Right now you can only find The Color Of Greed as an e-book for $2.99 on Amazon.com and is FREE for Amazon Prime Members! Paperback has not been released yet, but when it is, I will let you know and maaaaaaaaybe I will have a copy to giveaway for those interested! ;) (Who doesn't love a giveaway?)
Stay tuned to my Facebook Page for that announcement and more! 

To recap:

This book is good.
It's a steal as an ebook at $2.99
My favorite color is red.
I suck at poetry.


Happy Reading!


Check out Jack Thompson and his other works at his website!








No comments:

Post a Comment