Saturday 31 March 2012

Whitney My Love ~ Historical Romance

Okay, I want to hear your answer!!! How many of you out there have those books that literally have fallen apart because you have read them so much? Please let me know, I want to make sure I'm not the only one! ;)  A few of my favorites are falling apart at the seams. Out of my entire library, my copy of ‘Whitney My Love’ is probably the most read, and you can tell by looking at it! I do believe it is time for a new copy, or just give in and download to Kobo. What do you think?



Judith McNaught has to be one of my favorite romance authors! I was first introduced to her books as a teenager. My mom had picked one or two up for a trip, and since I ran out of all my books, she let me read hers. I was immediately hooked and have passed on the love of her novels to several friends. She writes both modern day romance and historical romance and spins amazing and descriptive tales.  I am a firm believer that ‘Whitney My Love’ would make a fantastic movie on the big screen.
My brief description on the novel:  Whitney is a young lady who is not your typical debutante. She’s a strong willed girl, who doesn’t seem to fit in with the rest of the proper young ladies her age. She was raised in the English countryside by her father, as her mother died when she was young.
 She has a more awkward nature, and a taste for things that in her day and age are considered shocking for a young lady of good breeding. She likes to climb trees, stands while riding on horseback, wears boy’s breeches, and plays with sling shots. Whitney would have fit in just fine had she been a woman in modern time. She is a character I find I can relate to. 
Needless to say, her father is not happy with her behavior and enough becomes enough. He sends her to live with relatives and her transformation begins.  While away, she finds herself becoming quite popular in Paris and captures the attention of the Duke of Claymore, a man with a notorious reputation....
Have I captured your attention yet? If I have than it’s time for you to read a copy if you want to know Whitney's story! It goes great with a glass of wine and a bubble bath!






1 comment:

  1. Your not the only one that has completely read a novel to death...I still have my tatered & torn VC Andrews Flowers in the Attic,
    Anne Rice Interview with the Vampire &
    AA Miles The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh.
    I'll have too ask MIL if she has a copy of "Whitney my Love" she loves a good romance!!

    ReplyDelete